I have PTSD. No, I’m not a soldier. I have lived through trauma at different stages of my life though.
My PTSD is caused by:
- 1992 – my father passing when I was 11 years old.
- 1992 -moving to a new town/school just months after my father passed
- 1992-1998 – was bullied at school because of my anger…caused by my father passing.
- 2005-2016 – 11 year abusive marriage
- 2016 – present – continuing to deal with a traumatic divorce
- 2018 – losing my mother 3.5 months after finding out she had stage 4 pancreatic cancer
- 2018 -my ex-narc taking the kids under false pretenses
PTSD is not just for soldiers!
It’s for anyone who has gone through ANY kind of trauma that has affected them.