I have PTSD. No, I’m not a soldier. I have lived through trauma at different stages of my life though.
My PTSD is caused by:
- 1992 – my father passing when I was 11 years old.
- 1992 -moving to a new town/school just months after my father passed
- 1992-1998 – was bullied at school because of my anger…caused by my father passing.
- 2005-2016 – 11 year abusive marriage
- 2016 – present – continuing to deal with a traumatic divorce
- 2018 – losing my mother 3.5 months after finding out she had stage 4 pancreatic cancer
- 2018 -my ex-narc taking the kids under false pretenses
PTSD is not just for soldiers!
It’s for anyone who has gone through ANY kind of trauma that has affected them.
Here are some helpful links: